Thursday, February 19, 2009

3 R's in Luque

I visited a small private school in Luque with my friend the other day. It is a school where some girls I know attend. The school headmaster welcomed us warmly and allowed us to take pictures.


It was interesting to see that despite the lack of resources, the teachers were able to be creative and improvise for the lessons.


In this school, several grade levels share a room. It reminded me of the one-room school houses that existed long ago.


It really made me appreciate and be grateful for the school where I teach.

1 comment:

  1. Our community just finished building a new school. With really big rooms and lots of space to run around. It makes me feel sad that these kids have such little resources...but also grateful that our kids and grandkids will have the possibility to go there.

    ReplyDelete