Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cows

When you've lived somewhere for a few years things that were strange and out of the ordinary eventually become normal and part of everyday life. We had a group visit Paraguay awhile ago, and one of the ladies was a shutter bug. She took pictures of everything! I'm glad she did because she gave me copies and now I have lots of great photos.

During the visit we drove by the local park in my neighborhood. My friend squeeled at me to pull over. She was hysterical and I was wondering what in the world was going on!


Turns out she saw some cows wandering around and wanted me to stop so she could get a picture. It was a novelty for her to see cows hanging out in the playground.
Yea, we have cows in the playgrounds here, cool, huh?
Its always fun to see Paraguay through fresh eyes now and then and remember all of its unique features. Thanks Laura for the pics!

2 comments:

  1. Those are great pictures! I always love seeing the pictures that newcomers to Paraguay take

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Are you Rhonda Lennon wife of John Lennon that I met in 1995 while I was on a missions trip to Paraguay? If so I wonder if you would remember me? I have come to your blog through Rita´s blog. I thought she and her husband looked familar too but they are new in Paraguay. But I met a Lennon family back in ´95. My husband and I are baptist church planting missionaries to Gijón, Spain. We have been in Spain for 9 years.
    Hope you do not mind my asking.

    ReplyDelete