Monday, February 16, 2009

Lapachos

The blooming yellow Lapacho tree is one of the beautiful sights you will see in the spring. The color is so intense and powerful against the backdrop of the blue sky that it always amazes me.


The Lapacho comes in other colors as well. The pink lapacho is just as striking and can be seen blooming all over Asuncion.


There is aslo the white Lapacho which is not that common.


Luque's town colors are 'azul y oro' (blue and gold), so the yellow Lapacho can be seen more frequently in Luque.


The Lapacho is also a favored subject for typical Paraguayan paintings.

I could go on and on, but I'll save it for another post.

3 comments:

  1. I love the Lapachos! I think pink (no duh) is my favorite. I've never seen a white one, didn't even know they existed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the tree at the church a white lapacho?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree at church is yellow. The tree at students is a white one. They bloom from July to September

    ReplyDelete