Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Random Act of Kindness



I was riding the bus to work this morning and witnessed a random act of kindness. You don't see these very often and not from young men anymore. An elderly couple was getting on the bus with the wife in front. The husband stopped to pay the fare and the wife wobbled down the isle to find an empty seat. The bus driver meanwhile starts up at full force (this being the norm) while he is still counting money. This caused the elderly woman to loose her balance and begin to fall. A young man was sitting in the front and he reached out just in time to help steady the woman and keep her from falling. I leaned over to my daughter and said, "I like that boy, he is sweet. You don't see that every day" and she said, "I was thinking the same thing". It warmed my heart to see someone looking out for another stranger. I've been on many bus rides where people have fallen or nearly fallen and very few times have I seen the other passengers help out. That random act of kindness made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment