Monday, March 2, 2009

German food in Paraguay

Paraguay has a large German influence, so good German food is not hard to find. Recently we went to one of our favorite German restaurants: the Bayern Stuben.


The restaurant is actually the owner's house that has been converted into a restaurant. You will often see the owner and his family eating in a private dining room off of the kitchen with their Daschund running around freely.
Inside the decore is quaint and has a rustic feel to it.


Our favorite dish is pork and asparagus in a mushroom cream sauce served with noquis and a side of mixed vegetables. Delicious!

3 comments:

  1. Even though I just finished lunch....I´m hungry now! :)
    I love this place and we go there almost every time we are in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been there in ages! I guess I need to go back.

    ReplyDelete