Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Iguazu Falls Part I

If you ever visit Paraguay you must see the amazing Iguazu waterfalls. It's one of my favorite places to vacation. You have to actually go to Brazil or Argentina to see the falls, but it's in the area where the three countries meet.

It's difficult to put into words the power and majesty of the falls, nor do pictures do it justice. It's just something that you have to experience. Iguazu falls are taller than Niagara falls, and twice as wide with 275 cascades spread in a horseshoe shape.

My kids get a kick out of the "wild life" at the park. We learned real fast that you don't want to feed the Coeti or they won't leave you alone.
Had one climb up my leg once because I gave it an M & M. I had to run down the path to get away from it.
These little snails on the pathway along the falls intrigued me. They were almost iridescent and tiny. My son wanted to collect them, but that wouldn't be "ecologically correct", so I convinced him to let them be.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to go back there one day...WITHOUT the children! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope to go next month. I can't wait to see the falls for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. They are just gorgeous and a MUST SEE for anybody who is in this country. We go there with almost all our guest that come from the exterior.

    ReplyDelete