Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mr. Toad

I am not fond of creepy-crawlys, but Paraguay is full of little critters that decide to pop in for a visit now and again. You eventually come to some kind of understanding with them..."I won't bother you if you don't bother me". We found this big guy hanging out in the swimming pool our church uses for a baptistry. I can't help but think of him everytime someone is baptized.


This little guy has seen better days. He was found in the same vicinity...probably related to the big guy. Not something I'd want to touch though...shudder.
We found this poor dude in the chaco during a visit with some friends in Loma Plata. Considering how hot it gets there and how dry it is, our guess is that he was freeze-dried...or rather dehydrated! He could actually stand up by himself.

My kids had fun playing with him....yuck!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I have that understanding with them too. They leave me alone, and I leave them alone. Same with snakes and spiders!

    ReplyDelete