Saturday, June 6, 2009

Paintings of Paraguay

Since I'm on this history kick right now I would like to introduce Natalie d'Arbeloff. Natalie is a British and American artist and writer born in Paris and raised in Paraguay. She settled in London, but returned to Paraguay for 6 years. During that time she painted many works of art and was commissioned by Hotel Guarani to create an abstract stone relief.

Here are a few of Natalie's paintings that I enjoy.
Nato family


Bianca


Estercita

Cattle Market

Sabado en calle Palma
Her blog is very interesting you might want to take a look www.nataliedarbeloff.com/autobio8.html

2 comments:

  1. Those paintings are really very beautiful and depict some true Paraguayan life styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello R. Lennon - I just chanced on your blog and saw this post which you wrote more than 3 years ago! Thank you for featuring these old paintings of mine. I'd love to hear from you and to know more about your life in Paraguay. I haven't been there since about 1962 (have been living in London ever since) so I'd be interested to hear what it's like now. Do get in touch and I'll reply right away. My email is:
    endapress AT blueyonder DOT co DOT uk (no spaces between words).

    ReplyDelete